Friday, December 28, 2007

Google Calendar - Best Calendar Program Hands Down

Google has released its calendar feature. As with most things google releases I love it. I know what you're thinking. What's the big deal its just an ordinary calendar program. Oh on the contrary. Google realizes we are becoming web social people. The google calendar not only lets you manage your own events but you can share and control others as well. You can make your events public so others can search for them, or leave them as private if you do not want anyone to know what you're up to. There is a feature to import other calendars. For example I imported US holidays and the Chicago Cubs Schedule. Another great feature is the ability to send updates to your cell phone in the form of a text message. Most major cell phone providers are supported. This is perfect for the person on the go. For me it means I do not need a palm pilot or hand held of any kind. As long as I have my cell phone (don't leave home without it) I have my schedule.
ADSENSE PLACEHOLDER 336x280

To use google calendar you need to have a google account. To get a google account you need to be invited or I believe you can sign up with a mobile device. Or if you are really having trouble visit my website and I will try to help you out.

This is a great new feature offered by google. I highly recommend giving it a try. There are plenty of other perks that I did not mention here.

Matt Christensen http://www.mattchristensen.net

No comments: